Packaged kosher food products can be purchased at local supermarkets as well as at BJ's in Middletown, which also has a kosher bakery as well as OU certified refrigerated microwaveable meat and dairy meals. It is also often possible to make arrangements at the large local hotels (Viking, Marriott, Hyatt) to have pre-packaged, double wrapped, kosher meals served in their dining rooms. Make inquiries to the managers of the restaurants.
Root at 6 Broadway in Newport is a vegan juice bar and restaurant under the personal supervision of Rabbi Mandel. For further information, please contact the rabbi at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are also Kosher and vegan restaurants in Providence.
Touro Synagogue has an eruv that encloses the synagogue, the rabbi's house, and extends up Touro Street and Bellevue Avenue. For a downloadable PDF map of the eruv, please click here.
There are many lodging options within walking distance of the synagogue. At present there is no kosher bed and breakfast. For a partial listing of hotels and bed and breakfasts within the eruv, click here. These establishments are listed for your convenience. We do not endorse them. If you have any questions, please email the rabbi at email@example.com
Bed & Breakfasts and Hotels Within the Eruv
- Abigail Stoneham Inn (B & B) 401-848-9700
- Adele Turner (B & B) 401-848-8011
- Admiral Weaver Inn 401 849-0051
- Attwater Villa (B & B) 401-846-7444
- Hilltop Inn (B & B)
- Hydrangia House (B & B) 800 945-4667
- Mill Street Inn (Inn) 401-849-9500
- Spring Street (B & B) 401-847-4767
- Viking Hotel (Hotel) 401-847-3300
- Yankee Peddler (B & B) 401-846-1323